Avocado Shrimp Salad
Skill Level: Easy
Cost To Make: $20-$25
Serving: 6 as a side salad
Ingredients for Shrimp:
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or grated
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
Ingredients for Salad:
- 1 medium romaine lettuce (5-6 cups chopped)
- ½ lb (3 medium) Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
Ingredients for Cilantro-Lemon Dressing:
- Juice of 1 large lemon (3 Tbsp)
- ½ small bunch of cilantro (1/2 cup finely chopped)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt or ¾ tsp table salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp honey
How to make Avocado Shrimp Salad:
- Pat dry shrimp with paper towels and place in a medium bowl. Add 1 tsp creole seasoning, 2 pressed garlic cloves, a pinch of salt and stir to combine.
- Place a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp butter and once its melted and hot, add shrimp in a single layer. Sauté 2 minutes per side or just until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Chop, rinse and spin dry 1 medium head of romaine lettuce. You should end up with about 6 cups lettuce. Transfer that to a large mixing bowl. Now add 3 sliced tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion, 2 diced avocados.
- To make the dressing, start with 3 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice, now finely chop about ½ cup of cilantro and stir that in. Add 3 Tbsp of olive oil and extra virgin has the best flavor. Season with 1 tsp salt and a generous pinch of black pepper and stir that together.
Sharing this recipe with you because it is so so simple and delicious!